California Bountiful summer video contest
California Bountiful is holding a contest to see who can create the best video of 60 seconds or less highlighting California food and farm products. The contest opens on July 1, 2013, and closes Aug. 31, 2013. The winner will be announced by Sept. 27, 2013. The contest is open only to residents of California.
The winning video will be posted on our website, www.californiabountiful.com, and the winner will receive a 7-inch tablet, a one-year subscription to California Bountiful magazine and the “Imagine this: Stories Inspired by Agriculture” book series. There is no monetary prize for this contest.
To enter, upload your video to your own YouTube channel, then notify us at email@example.com. The California Bountiful staff will screen all entries and select the best videos, which we will then upload to the California Bountiful YouTube channel. The general public will be invited to vote on the selected videos on our playlist, and the one that receives the most votes will be declared the winner.
There is no limit to the number of videos you can submit. No content that we deem objectionable or derogatory will be allowed.
The rules are important, so please read them carefully. By submitting your video to us, you agree to the following:
- All content and creativity must be your own. No video will be accepted that contains any material, such as music or a logo, whose copyright or trademark rights are owned by another person. Please refer to YouTube’s community guidelines for more details: www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines.
- Videos must be no more than 60 seconds in length.
- For inspiration and information on California agriculture, you are encouraged to visit www.californiabountiful.com or www.learnaboutag.org.
- You give California Bountiful the right to exhibit, transmit or present your work in perpetuity by any visual medium. We will give you onscreen credit for your work when posting it to any of our websites or social media channels.
- Other than the announced prizes, no other compensation will be paid or distributed.
- Closing date for submitting your video is Saturday, Aug. 31, 2013. The winner will be announced by Friday, Sept. 27, 2013.
- Videos should be uploaded to your YouTube channel and links directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, mailing address and phone number. This
email address is also where questions should be sent.
- We do not guarantee that we will share your video on our YouTube channel. The videos we post are up to the discretion of the California Bountiful staff.
- The contest is open only to California residents. Employees (and their immediate family members) of the California Farm Bureau Federation, its affiliated companies or county Farm Bureaus may not participate.
How to vote
On Sept. 6, 2013, go to the California Bountiful YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/CaBountiful to check out all the best videos we selected for our playlist. Then sign in and “like” the one you think should be the winner. Easy as that! You have until Sept. 20, 2013, to cast your vote.